Etsy link

Sunday 20 October 2013

Taking to the high seas....

A friend asked me to make a birthday card for her Dad. He is going to be 80 in December and used to be in the Navy.

I don't have any stamps with ships on however, I do have the beautiful union jack stamp from Indigoblu.



I used a white a5 card blank, I matted and layered using a blue base, with the edges dipped into the shiny Sheffield steel gilding flakes. next I used red card to mount the flag stamped image and 3 white pieces of card to make up the naval flag design.

I stamped the image using flitter glue and covered it in Sheffield steel gilding flakes.
to fill in the blank gaps I blended distress inks faded jeans and fired brick. the flag across the front of the card was made with white card inked around the edges with distress ink tea dye. The greeting was typed on my PC.


No comments:

Post a Comment